FREE AUDIO GUIDE
Take a break and relax with this 5-minute Art of Freedom audio guide I created for you. Enjoy! 🙂
~ 5 Minutes of Freedom ~
If you enjoyed this, please show your support by clicking on the buttons below to “like” my facebook page and share!
Your click will unlock access to MY 12 TOP PERFORMANCE PREPARATION TIPS FOR MUSICIANS. Enjoy! 🙂
“Thank you for your audio! I enjoyed it, almost like being at your studio! It’s interesting because it dovetails really well with some thoughts I’ve been pursuing lately. You talk a lot about time and space. Several weeks ago I was thinking about how so much of my stress comes from feeling like there isn’t enough time, and I got to thinking about how the universe we live in is made up entirely of space and time. If we try to project ourselves beyond the dimension of time, it’s difficult if not impossible to imagine what other dimensions are like. So ultimately we find ourselves immersed in time and space. We live in time and space kind of like we breathe oxygen. We take it for granted, but it’s all around us and it’s essential for our lives. In a way, time and space are ALL we have and we have it in abundance. So when I think through these thoughts it immediately helps me to feel less stressed and more relaxed. Another related, simple thought is that “I am the space between my thoughts”. I remember a teacher once telling me that music exists in the space between the notes. So we exist in the space between our thoughts.”
– Tami Morris, Piano Faculty, Xavier University
MY 12 TOP PERFORMANCE PREPARATION TIPS FOR MUSICIANS
2. Let go and let yourself be FREE to feel whatever you feel, and think whatever you think.
3. Get enough rest, drink lots of water, and eat nutritious food.
4. Practice Constructive Rest.
5. Add “mental practice” to your practice time.
6. Play for many people, and in many places.
7. Do NOT work harder as your performance approaches!!!
9. Observe what you are doing with body parts while you play your instrument.
10. Enjoy your life! Music isn’t everything – really, it’s not!
11. Make music for YOURSELF.
12. Take frequent breaks, and get good at STOPPING.
13. BONUS TIP FOR GOOD LUCK! Leave your instrument out of the case when you’re at home so that you can touch it lovingly and send it positive energy whenever you see it (yes, instruments ARE like people, and they love it and they sound better when we love them! ;).
…and, OF COURSE… one of the very best ways to learn this is to find a teacher who can teach you all of these things. Guess where you can find that? Hint… there’s a picture of a really good one somewhere on this page!
Would you like the complete version of my TOP 12 PERFORMANCE PREPARATION TIPS? Send me an email to Jennifer@ArtofFreedom.me to request it, and I’ll be happy to send it to you. I will also add you to my mailing list so that you can receive my monthly Art of Freedom newsletters filled with juicy tips for musicians!
Thanks for reading! I really appreciate your interest!